27 Social Media Marketing Tools You Need to Try in 2021
Social media plays a vital role in the promotion of your brand online. You can direct thousands of visitors to your website by leveraging social media effectively.
A study found that 70% of the population in the US is active on at least one social media platform. It also found that 71% of shoppers who had a positive experience on social media are likely to recommend the brand to others.
When done right, social media marketing can bring remarkable success to your brand. You can create and share a variety of valuable content on social media platforms to attract new audiences and drive engagement.
However, it can be a difficult task to manage all of your social media accounts and marketing campaigns manually. Thankfully, there are tools that can help you with social media management and automation (Some of these software solutions are free too!).
Disclosure: This content has a few affiliate links, which means if you click on them, I will get a commission (without any extra cost to you).
Table of Contents
Which Are the Best Social Media Marketing Tools You Should Use?
I’ve put together this list of the best and the most effective social media marketing tools which can help you grow your brand online and boost your engagement.
Are you ready to explore the top features of these tools?
Let’s dig in.
Ingramer is a tried-and-tested social media marketing tool, mainly for Instagram promotion. It is an all-in-one toolkit for influencers, brands, and digital marketers.
Using this tool, you can grow your followers, curate content, and analyze your competitors.
- Using the Instagram Direct Module, you can set auto-replies based on trigger words, categorize clients by labels, and manage bulk messaging.
- Ingramer’s scheduling module enables you to schedule feed posts, images, Carousels, and Stories.
- Their hashtag generator contains over 12 million hashtags that are regularly updated.
- Using their downloading feature, you can save all types of content from Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter videos for re-use.
- Through their Instagram Search option, you can find influencers, competitors, and partners across different niches.
- Profile Analyzer is a free service that lets you get insights about any public account on Instagram, and monitor their activity and top content.
Note: Want to try Ingramer? Use the coupon code “SHANEBARKER” to get a 10% discount on all their paid tools.
ContentCal is a great team collaboration social media marketing tool that can help you and your team with content creation and publishing. Using it, you can create a visual content calendar and set up approval flows with ease.
- Visual content calendar
- Integrations with 2000+ apps
- Approval workflows
- Team collaboration for the content
- Category tags to manage content
- Detailed analytics
- Content hub to store and share content ideas
- Low cost
- Great for small and large teams
- Dedicated customer support
- Easy to use
- Doesn’t support publishing on YouTube yet
Suitable for everyone
- Pro: $17/month
- Company: $47/month
- Premium: Custom pricing
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Their Pro and Company plan offers a 14-day free trial. You can check out its features for free.
Jeremy Ryan from Metamorphosis Agency says that ContentCal is a great tool for those who want to manage multiple social media accounts.
Pro Tip: Leverage the planning features to customize your setup and save time while using ContentCal.
Agorapulse is a social media marketing tool that helps businesses and marketers manage their social accounts in the most efficient manner.
It’s a software solution that helps you build a meaningful and healthy relationship with your followers.
- Want to personalize your content for each social media platform? This tool can help you do that.
- It helps you schedule your posts in advance.
- You can reschedule your posts over and over.
- And you can monitor and respond to all of your social conversations in one place.
- This tool comes with a free trial.
The social media marketing tool comes with a plethora of features that can help businesses automate a number of tasks across social media platforms and even their blog.
Many business owners and marketers leverage this social media marketing tool to boost their productivity, engagement, and to drive the best results.
- SocialOomph helps you to manage your Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and blog activities in one place.
- This tool allows you to automate your posting process. You can schedule blog posts, tweets, Facebook posts, and LinkedIn shares.
- You can enhance your Twitter follower lists via helpful recommendations from SocialOomph. This tool allows you to identify influential Twitter accounts via keyword search.
- Their Personal Suite plan is free.
NapoleonCat is a full-service platform to manage all aspects of social media marketing, from publishing to tracking conversations and analyzing the performance of your social media efforts. It allows you to drive pre-sales conversations, answer typical inquiries automatically, and reduce response time on social media.
By automating your campaigns, NapoleonCat allows you to increase efficiency and cost savings by up to 70%. Being an official Facebook Marketing Partner, NapoleonCat can be trusted to offer reliable marketing solutions.
Want to know the best part?
They offer a 14-day free trial, no credit card information is required. Sign up today!
- Social Inbox to manage all social media interactions in one place, in real-time.
- Numerous collaboration features to help establish a clear workflow, even when your team works remotely.
- Scheduler to queue and auto-publish content across multiple platforms and profiles.
- Auto-moderation to remove spam from post and ad comments on Facebook and Instagram.
- Advanced analytics module for gathering competitive intelligence.
- Automated social media reporting to keep you in the loop at all times.
- Help Center with stats, articles, and video tutorials for new users.
- Unified inbox.
- Advanced options for collaboration and community management.
- Proactive customer service via chat, email, and phone.
- Frequent updates.
- 2-week free trial.
- Pay only for social profiles you use.
- Limited competitor stats.
- Minor delays in synching new accounts.
Difficulty Level: Intermediate
Usability: It can be used with ease by solopreneurs, SMBs, enterprises, agencies, ecommerce stores, and content creators.
- Standard: Starts at $21/month.
- Pro: Starts at $42/month.
CCC, a European footwear retailer, was facing a challenge with maintaining their 496 Google My Business listings. Their customer service team was spending hours accessing and answering the 1000+ client reviews gathered in their scattered listings on a daily basis.
After using NapoleonCat, the CCC team is able to respond to reviews from a single inbox. In addition, they can analyze customer sentiment and tag reviews as positive, neutral, or negative. By reducing response times, they are able to get higher customer satisfaction and eventually repeat sales.
Pro Tip: To save time and effort, set up automatic replies to routine questions/comments about delivery times, store location, and hours of operation. For complex inquiries, set up automated redirects to designated team members.
Tailwind is a social media marketing tool for visual marketers and businesses who use Instagram and Pinterest. You can discover content, schedule posts, monitor conversations, amplify your reach, and analyze results using Tailwind.
- How can this tool save your time? It offers hashtag lists and many more shortcuts that are helpful.
- You can measure what’s working and what’s not.
- It helps you reach more of the right people by using best Instagram hashtags.
- And it is suitable for enterprises and affordable for small businesses.
Buffer is a social media marketing tool that can help you post your content easily on social networking platforms.
What’s more, you ask?
It has got amazing automation features as well.
It can publish all your posts automatically, according to your posting schedule. You can even post content while browsing the web using the Buffer browser extension.
- It can save you a lot of time by allowing you to schedule your posts on social networking platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- You can review your posts on social media platforms and you can learn what changes can help your posts perform better.
- You can add up to 25 members from your team and work together.
- You can get a free trial for Buffer.
Khoros is an effective social media marketing tool that helps businesses connect with their customers effectively.
It helps you automate content publishing across multiple social media platforms and monitor conversations about your brand.
And the best part?
You can join these conversations and interact with your potential customers more effectively. This can help you drive engagement.
- It helps you manage your campaigns, content, and responses from one place.
- Their online communities can help you interact with your customers better and provide the information they might be looking for when they want it. Overall, this can boost your engagement.
- It also helps brands manage their engagement across their social channels, websites, communities, and mobile apps.
9. Sprout Social
Sprout Social is a social media marketing tool that enables you to find, form, and deepen real connections with people. It is a collaborative platform that ensures faster, smarter, and efficient social communications.
- It builds your community by helping you easily start, join, and maintain your social conversations.
- You can manage multiple social media profiles across multiple platforms.
- Want to give it a try? Sprout Social offers a 30-day free trial period.
Socialbakers a social media marketing tool that enables businesses to work smart on social media through artificial intelligence (AI) to understand audience behavior.
This tool helps you to engage and grow your customer base through content personalization.
- Want more details about your target audience? This tool can help you get the insights you need.
- It will save your time by managing all your social media publishing from one place.
- You can also get a report on your social media performance in seconds.
- You can try this tool for free.
Tagboard is a social media marketing tool that allows users to aggregate data from major social media websites into impactful displays. They can then be embedded and re-displayed on various channels.
Their Tagboard Live tool allows you to see your posts live on a screen and provides layouts and tools to customize the display. It’s one of the best social media management tools out there.
- Tagboard uses hashtags to search and collect public social media within seconds of being posted.
- Social advertising.
- Real-time notifications.
- Social media integrations and metrics.
Talkwalker is a comprehensive social media marketing tool that enables you to stay on top of your marketing game. Using this tool, you can leverage social data to make smarter business decisions.
Ready to find out something really cool about Talkwalker?
With AI-powered technology, this tool can monitor online conversations in real-time and analyze them. It covers news websites, blogs, social networks, and other forums in more than 180 languages.
- Using their Image Recognition technology, you can track more than 30,000 images online.
- It allows you to analyze text and visuals together.
- With their Virality Map, you can learn how to replicate viral campaigns.
- You can uncover collaboration opportunities through their Smart Theme analytics feature.
- With their 30+ pre-built use cases, you can easily create your social media reports.
- You can build customized dashboards to communicate with your team more effectively.
- You can schedule automated alerts and reports
- It allows you to add your own data sets into the platform, which enables you to create your own data intelligence solution.
- You can request a free demo.
Statusbrew is a social media marketing tool that can help you manage and monitor all of your social media accounts from a single platform.
- Publishing: This feature helps you to mote and schedule posts for different social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn & Google Plus.
- Engage: The Engage section of this software solution lets you monitor conversations for all social profiles from a single inbox. You can listen to all the important conversations and respond directly to customers or fans who asked you a question.
- Reports: The report section of this software solution evaluates how your posts are performing on different social platforms. With the help of reports, you can measure whether your efforts are paying off on social media.
- Want to try this tool for free? It offers a free trial as well.
14. Post Planner
Post Planner makes it easy for businesses to find and share content consistently to get predictable, considerable, and remarkable results on social media. It’s a social media marketing tool that will be very helpful to your content and social media teams.
- Using this social media management tool, you can curate and share relevant content with the click of a button.
- Post Planner provides you with ratings about your post. You can check if you have a 5-star rating before you post.
- You get to organize your social feeds into collections.
Most companies have accounts on multiple social media platforms. Managing content publishing on multiple accounts can be very time-consuming.
What can you do about it?
You can use Hootsuite is one of the best social media marketing tool that can help you manage all of your social media accounts from a single dashboard.
It has some automation features that can help you be more productive. Using this social media tool, you can easily find, schedule, and manage your social media content easily.
- You can maintain a strong social media presence by scheduling hundreds of posts at once.
- Hootsuite secures all of your passwords, profiles, and login information.
- It can help you organize all of your content with ease. And it saves your content in the cloud, and it ensures that the approved content goes live at the scheduled dates and times. Which is great for improving your social media management.
- This social media tool comes with a 30-day free trial period.
Sprinklr is a four-in-one social media marketing tool that can help you with social engagement, social advocacy, customer care, and social advertising.
- You can use Sprinklr Insights to monitor your competition, track audience engagement, market trends, and measure sentiments.
- This software solution gathers reporting metrics from multiple channels to help you find out the effectiveness of your content and the ROI.
- You can also respond to the conversations happening around your brand across multiple social media platforms. It’s a great feature that can help you boost your engagement rate.
Followerwonk is a useful social media marketing tool of the list that businesses can exclusively use with Twitter.
If you have a strong presence on Twitter and run campaigns on it, then this tool is a must-have for you to boost your engagement and visibility.
Why, you may ask?
Let’s take a look at its features to help you understand why.
- You can search and connect with the right people to grow your brand.
- Then you can compare Twitter accounts to find similarities and identify new influencers.
- Don’t know whom to follow? This social media management tool also helps you analyze your Twitter audience and based on such analysis, it suggests people you should follow. This helps you grow your followers.
Are you an agency handling social media marketing for multiple clients?
Then Sendible is one of the best social media marketing tool for agencies who want to manage social media for multiple clients.
- It allows businesses to manage social media marketing more effectively and to better understand their ROI.
- Their social media management and marketing tool can easily measure the productivity of your social media accounts and email campaigns.
- And you can create social media reports in minutes for your clients with pre-designed templates.
- Their social media listening tool helps you to prioritize your replies to your audience.
- This software solution comes with a free trial period.
Tweepi is an AI-powered social media marketing tool that helps you grow your brand’s presence on Twitter. You can use this tool to increase your Twitter following by as much as 100 new followers a day.
If you’re looking for a tool to make it easy for you to manage Twitter for your business, Tweepi is one of the best tools out there.
- Tweepi helps you identify the best tweets for your audience using relevant hashtags and users.
- It can help you get rid of irrelevant and inactive users and clean up your Twitter account.
- What else can this tool help you achieve? It can improve your overall productivity by simplifying the process of finding and engaging with the right people for your brand.
- This software solution comes with a free trial package.
20. Meet Edgar
Meet Edgar is basically a scheduling social media marketing tool with the help of which you can recycle your old posts.
- You can organize and schedule all of your posts by category
- Edgar will automatically go through your scheduled posts and content from each category and start recycling the older updates.
- You can save your time by adding the content to Edgar’s handy browser extension.
- And you can create a library of edits and updates. Edgar will update it in bulk.
- Can you use it for free? Yes, it offers a one-month free trial.
21 . Cool Tabs
Cool Tabs is a social media marketing tool that manages your marketing campaigns in social networks and in your website. It can help you get the best out of your marketing efforts.
- You can easily generate new leads for your business through website quizzes, promotions, and competitions.
- Users can monitor their social networks and curate content in real-time.
- What’s more, you ask? You can get segmented data from your audience and integrate it with your CRM.
- The best part is that this software solution comes with a 7-day free trial period.
SocialFlow is an effective social media marketing tool that allows you to schedule your posts when your target audience is active. This way you can boost your engagement.
- You just need to upload your content in the queue and this software solution will post the content automatically at the right times. This automation feature can save you a lot of time.
- It provides you with new advertising opportunities that extend your reach beyond existing audiences.
- But how does it help you drive traffic and engagement? It helps you understand the constant changes in consumers’ interests so that you can optimize your social content to drive maximum traffic and engagement.
Oktopost is a social media marketing tool that enables B2B enterprises to manage, monitor, and measure their social media activities. It’s the best software solution for enterprises that are looking for something that is easy to use.
- What makes this platform unique? It is the only social media marketing tool that is uniquely designed for B2B enterprises.
- Oktopost provides you with detailed analytics and reports and helps you track conversations about you on social media.
- This software solution helps you post better content and boost your engagement with the content curation feature.
Falcon.io is a social media marketing tool with rich functionality. It offers you a SaaS-based platform for social media listening, engaging, publishing, measuring, and community management.
- This software solution helps you create paid and organic posts for all your social networks in one content calendar.
- Falcon.io helps you build strong connections with your audience.
- You can merge your social data with CRM for a unique 360-degree view using it.
- And you can manage all your channels and moments.
25. Social Metrics Pro
Social Metrics Pro is one of the best social media marketing tool that tracks pins, likes, and more, right from your WordPress dashboard. You can also access your social metrics from the WordPress admin bar.
- With this software solution, you can choose how many posts you want to see at a time.
- You can track how your content is shared on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, and other social sites.
- What else does it do? It helps you find out how many times your posts have been shared across social networks
Brand24 is one of the best social media marketing tool to keep a tab on your brand’s reputation. It gives you insights into what people are saying online about your brand. This tool helps you track your competitors too.
- This software solution helps you identify sudden changes in the discussion volume chart to protect your business’ image.
- You can customize your alerts the way you want.
- What else can this tool do? It can export your data into PDF files, .xls files, and infographics.
- You can also filter your data by source, number of visits, and many other parameters.
- This social media tool comes with a 14-day free trial period.
This social media marketing tool helps businesses share great content with their social media followers so they can start a conversation with their target audience.
It is the best tool for those looking to reduce the time and effort that they invest in social media management.
- This software solution can cut down your Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn management time by 90%.
- You can schedule your posts conveniently using web browser extensions.
- And you can measure social media engagement with DrumUp analytics.
- You can get started with DrumpUp for free. You can log in via your Twitter or Facebook profile.
Bonus Tool #1: SmarterQueue
SmarterQueue is a smart social media marketing tool that saves time and money in social media management while increasing engagement, traffic, and ultimately revenue.
Their intelligent automation uses queues and queue posting plans along with content categories, content variations, and evergreen recycling. Other than scheduling features, SmarterQueue also provides powerful analytics and content discovery and curation.
Image via SmarterQueue
- Intelligent social media scheduling and automation for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Twitter
- Evergreen recycling to automatically repost content and boost engagement
- Content variations to tailor messaging based on social network and audience
- Powerful but easy-to-use analytics to make it easier to replicate success
- Solo: $19.99/month
- Business: $39.99/month
- Agency: $79.99/month
- Custom: starts at $19.99/month
- Category-leading scheduling tool with intelligent scheduling and automation features
- Enables scheduling for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Twitter
- Powerful and easy to use
- Low, flexible pricing to scale based on business needs
- No large enterprise-level collaboration features like workflows and assignments
- Does not enable scheduling for YouTube
- No unlimited posts – but high posting limits
Pro Tip: Take advantage of their 14-day free trial and onboarding guide to set up, test, and optimize scheduling automation.
Bonus Tool #2: Everypost
Are you ready to change the way your business markets itself on social media?
Let me introduce Everypost, a social media marketing tool that makes it easy for businesses to curate visual content from various relevant sources, all in one place.
With their publishing solution, you can share your best multimedia content across various social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- With the help of post customization, you can accelerate the effectiveness of each and every post.
- You can collaborate with your team from anywhere.
- And you can streamline your workflow and can save time by scheduling your posts.
- You can use it for free for 14 days.
Bonus Tool #3: Quuu
Quuu is one of the best social media marketing tools that helps you with hand-curated content suggestions for your brand. With a free and open library of evergreen content across 500+ topics, Quuu ensures that you never run out of good content to post.
- It provides you with relevant content suggestions that can help you increase your followers and engagement.
- Can you use this software solution for free? Yes, it offers a 30-day free trial period.
Q1. What are the tools for social media marketing?
A. Social media marketing tools are those tools that can help you with all tasks related to social media marketing. These include things like content automation, monitoring, analyzing your progress, and more. You can leverage them to schedule posts, monitor mentions, run ads, analyze your campaigns, etc.
Q2. Which social media marketing tools do I need for my social media team?
A. Some of the best social media marketing tools are:
- Sprout Social
Q3. What is the best social media monitoring tool?
A. The best social media monitoring tool has to be Hootsuite. It helps you seamlessly monitor all the conversations relevant to your business right from one dashboard. This way, you’ll know whenever someone’s talking about your brand and will also be able to get the latest updates from your industry.
Q4. Which social media designing tools should I use for my social media posting?
A. For posting content on social media, you should consider using these social media designing tools:
- Adobe Spark
Q5. What are the best influencer marketing tools to work with for your social media marketing?
A. Some of the most popular influencer marketing tools that you can use for social media marketing are:
- Fourstarzz Media
Q6. What is the best free social media marketing tool?
A. The best free social media marketing tool has to be Buffer. This tool makes it extremely simple to schedule posts and publish them on major social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. It offers both free and paid plans and the free plan is perfect for anyone who doesn’t have a lot of requirements.
Q7. How much does social media marketing software cost?
A. The pricing of social media marketing software solutions is completely based on your requirements. Some of the tools are available for free if you don’t need to use them extensively. However, if you have more requirements, the cost can go up to a few hundred dollars every month.
Q8. What is the best social media marketing tool?
A. One of the finest social media marketing tools is Hootsuite. This tool has a host of features that make it a great all-round social media marketing tool. These features include social media scheduling and monitoring. You can also engage with your audience and launch social media ads through it.
Q9. Which is the best social media scheduler?
A. Buffer is the best social media scheduler as it supports most major social media platforms and is extremely affordable. If your requirements are minimal, you can even start using this tool for free and take advantage of its scheduling features.
Social media marketing tools are very useful for promoting your business on social platforms. These tools can help you create content, automate posting, and get more engagement.
Use the best social media marketing tools mentioned above to successfully promote your business on social media and to measure your ROI. Even if you don’t have a big budget, you can use the free tools from this list to improve your marketing game.
Do you know of any other effective social media marketing tools? Let us know us in the comments below.
Disclosure: This content has a few affiliate links, which means if you click on them, I will get a commission (without any extra cost to you).