7 Best Sendinblue Alternatives for 2022
As a business owner, you know that email marketing is one of the most effective ways to reach your target audience and increase sales. That’s why it’s so important to choose the right email marketing platform for your business.
In this blog post, I’ll compare Sendinblue with some of its top alternatives.
I’ll also cover the key features that make each email marketing platform on this list stand out and also look at the pros and cons of each platform so that you can decide which one is best for you.
Table of Contents
Top Sendinblue Alternatives and What Makes Them Stand Out
Sendinblue is a great email marketing platform. But what if you’re looking for a cheaper alternative? What if you need more features or use automation rules?
Whatever you may need in an email marketing tool, this list has got you covered. You’ll also get information on the key features, pros, cons, and pricing of each platform.
So whether you’re just starting out or are looking for an upgrade, read on for the best options out there.
1. Constant Contact
Constant Contact is one of the most popular email marketing platforms and it’s easy to see why. It has a user-friendly interface, and a wide range of features, and it’s very affordable.
Also, it allows you to grow your email list, send awesome emails at the right times, and also generate new leads with social media ads all through one single platform.
- Best-in-class email delivery rate of 97%.
- Hundreds of pre-built templates to choose from.
- Drag-and-drop editor to create your own email design.
- Marketing automation to send targeted emails based on how users engage with your emails.
- Customer list management and user segmentation to send personalized emails.
- Real-time reporting features to help you identify prospects, see where they are in the sales cycle, and personalize emails to engage them right away.
- Send abandoned cart emails for your Shopify and WooCommerce stores.
- Run Facebook and Instagram Ads.
- Ecommerce integrations.
- Unlike many competitors, Constant Contact does NOT charge customers to host unsubscribed contacts on your account.
- Dynamic sign-up forms to help you gain subscribers and grow your email list.
- Very user-friendly interface.
- Easy and intuitive contact list management. You can also upload your contact lists from Excel, Outlook, Salesforce, and other marketing automation tools.
- Industry-leading email list growth tools such as lead generation landing pages, social media marketing, and text-to-join service.
- Social media marketing/management that rivals platforms like Hootsuite. You can post to your social platforms with a single click, and respond to messages, mentions, and comments on Facebook and Instagram all from within your account.
- Good customer service.
- Affordable pricing.
- Makes it easy to manage event marketing including invitations, registrations, and tickets.
- Not as many integrations as some of the other platforms on this list.
Constant Contact offers two digital marketing pricing plans. Each of them is priced based on the number of contacts.
- Core plan: $9.99/month for up to 500 contacts and $95/month for up to 10,000 contacts. List sizes over 10,000 contacts automatically get upgraded to the Plus plan.
- Plus plan: $45/month for up to 500 contacts. The cost increases along with an increase in the number of contacts.
You can view the tiered pricing of each plan on the pricing page for complete details.
Constant Contact also offers a 60-day free trial so that you can try it before you commit to a paid plan.
Constant Contact is a great choice for small businesses that are looking for an easy-to-use platform with a wide range of features. However, it is not as suitable for businesses that need to use more advanced automation rules or a large number of integrations.
If that sounds like you, check out their Sales Accelerator option from the pricing page (costs $449.00 mo).
If you’re looking for an affordable Sendinblue alternative with a user-friendly interface, more features, and better value, Constant Contact is a great choice.
2. HubSpot’s Email Marketing Tool
HubSpot’s email marketing tool has a number of features that make it an attractive option for businesses. Some of its key features include the ability to create custom email templates, track the success of your campaigns, and segment your contacts into lists.
Another plus is that HubSpot is a fairly affordable option with all of its modules including features that are useful for email marketing automation.
- Customizable email templates
- Tracking and reporting capabilities
- Email personalization
- A/B testing
- Contact segmentation
- 24/7 customer support
- Smart email scheduling
- The interface of HubSpot’s email marketing tool can be a little overwhelming for beginners.
- Only basic reports are available with the free plan.
- The free plan offers only limited email targeting and personalization options. To run advanced and highly-targeted email campaigns, you’ll need to switch to their paid solutions.
HubSpot offers five modules. Each of these modules includes email marketing features.
- CRM that’s free to use
- Operations Hub – Starting at $50/month with professional ($800/month) and enterprise ($2,000/month) options available
- Marketing Hub – Starting at $45/month for up to 1000 marketing contacts
- Sales Hub – $45/month for 2 users
- Service Hub – $45/month for 2 users
- CMS Hub – $23/month
AWeber is an all-in-one marketing solution that allows businesses to automate their email marketing efforts. It offers a wide range of features including email creation and design tools, autoresponders, list management tools, and tracking and reporting features.
- Hundreds of professional-looking email templates that are also responsive
- Drag-and-drop editor
- Design emails with Canva
- Email scheduling
- Easy email segmentation to send highly-targeted emails
- Reporting and analytics
- Dynamic content
- Sell products and services with AWeber Ecommerce
- Built-in landing page builder
- A very user-friendly platform
- Award-winning customer support
- You can only send 3000 emails/month with the Free plan.
- It charges you to host unsubscribed contacts on your account.
- Many features are available only with the paid plan like cart abandonment emails and dynamic email content.
- AWeber offers a free plan for up to 500 subscribers
- AWeber Pro – $19.99/month for up to 500 subscribers, $69.99/month for up to 10000 subscribers, and $149.99/month for up to 25,000 subscribers
Drip is another great Sendinblue alternative with a wide range of features including email creation and design tools, autoresponders, list management tools, and tracking and reporting features.
One of the things that makes Drip a unique Sendinblue alternative is its ability to seamlessly integrate your customer data from WooCommerce, Shopify, and BigCommerce stores. This will help you better understand your audience and create content that is more likely to be engaging.
You can send targeted emails based on what your customers browse, click, and buy from your store. Drip also helps you track the engagement of your subscribers with metrics like open rate, click-through rate, and time spent on your website.
- Professionally-designed templates for different types of email campaigns.
- Point-and-click visual email builder and editor.
- Pre-built playbooks such as welcome email series, cart abandonment emails, post-purchase email campaigns, and much more.
- Automated email workflows.
- Deep customer behavior-based segmentation and email personalization.
- Smart A/B testing for subject lines, email copy.
- Dynamically personalized email content such as product recommendations based on browse history, birthday deals, etc. to generate more conversions.
- Also offers an email + SMS plan for multi-channel marketing.
- One-click integrations with your Shopify, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce stores and other marketing tools.
- Feature-rich for ecommerce email marketing campaigns.
- Only email support is available up to 5000 contacts pricing plan. Higher-priced plans give you access to chat and email support. You can get assistance from a dedicated customer success manager with more expensive plans.
- No phone support.
- Some users reported bugs with the RSS feed to email contacts.
Drip follows a simple pricing method based on the number of email contacts you have.
- $19/month for up to 500 contacts and unlimited email sends
- $49/month for up to 3000 contacts and unlimited email sends
- $369/month for up to 25000 contacts and unlimited email sends
- And so on…
You can easily use the slider on their pricing page to select the number of contacts you want to run your email campaigns for. It allows you to request a custom quote for 160K or more contacts.
Drip also offers a 14-day free trial so that you can test it out and see if it’s worth paying for.
SendPulse offers a range of free email marketing tools and templates that can help you reach a lot of people with your marketing messages. What makes it a great Sendinblue alternative is that it offers more features than Sendinblue and it’s also cheaper.
One of the things that I really like about SendPulse, however, is its email automation feature. With this feature, you can create a series of emails that are automatically sent to your subscribers based on certain conditions.
For example, you could create a campaign that sends a welcome message to new subscribers, followed by a series of automated messages that promote your products or services.
Another great feature of SendPulse is its ability to segment your subscribers into different groups so that you can improve your email conversion rates with more targeted emails.
- Convenient, drag-and-drop email editor.
- 130+ professional email templates.
- Automation 360 to set up automated emails, SMS, and web push notifications based on the actions your users take.
- Contact list management and contact tagging.
- Analytics to track the engagement and activity of your subscribers.
- Email personalization by setting replaceable text fields in your emails.
- A/B testing.
- Email spam checker to improve your email deliverability
- An easy-to-understand user interface that makes it very easy to set up
- SMS integration
Read more tips to improve email deliverability here.
- Customer tagging and unlimited segmentation options are only available with Pro and Enterprise plans
- Fewer pre-built templates when compared to other Sendinblue competitors
- Lack of elements and features in the drag-and-drop editor
- Free plan for up to 500 subscribers and 15000 emails/month
- Standard plan – $8/month for up to 500 subscribers, $35/month for up to 5000 subscribers, $191/month for up to 50000 subscribers, and so on
- Pro plan – $9.60/month for up to 500 subscribers, $63.60/month for up to 10000 subscribers, $1956/month for up to 1 million subscribers, and so on
- Enterprise plan – $58.80/month for up to 5000 subscribers, $2738.40/month for up to 1 million subscribers, and so on
Privy is another good alternative to Sendinblue as it has a user-friendly interface and is easy to navigate. Moreover, it offers a wide range of features, including unlimited pop-ups, flyouts, and other displays to grow your list.
You can easily create and manage email lists, design newsletters, cart abandonment recovery emails, and other conversion-oriented emails. Plus, it offers unlimited email sends.
- 12 free email templates
- Drag-and-drop editor to help you design eye-catching newsletters, promos, and company updates emails
- Automated emails to recover abandoned carts
- Set purchase follow-up emails to get repeat sales, ask for reviews, or recommend related products
- Automatic emails for coupon reminders to increase sales
- Advanced reporting and analytics to identify how many sales you’ve driven with your emails
- Affordable email marketing solution that starts at just $15/month for 250 contacts and unlimited sending
- Free email and chat support
- Minimal free email templates
- Privy Free plan for up to 100 contacts
- Starter plan: $15/month for up to 250 contacts and unlimited email sends
- Growth plan: $45/month for up to 3,000 email contacts and 500 SMS contacts, and unlimited email sends
- Also offers a 15-day free trial with the paid plans
WebEngage is a powerful email marketing platform for creating, managing, and sending emails. It provides a wide range of features to help businesses engage with their customers and increase sales.
- An intuitive drag-and-drop email editor
- Pre-designed templates
- Dynamic emails with real-time content updates
- Advanced personalization options based on your customer details, preferences, and behavior
- Email drip campaigns based on event triggers
- A/B testing
- Allows you to fetch real-time customer data from your CRM solution
- Multi-channel marketing solution
- Customers reported WebEngage to be more expensive than most Sendinblue competitors on review websites like GetApp.
- Can improve extended functionalities and email validation
- WebEngage has four pricing plans, namely Solo, Band, Choir, and Orchestra that vary based on the number of monthly active users your business has. However, you need to talk to their team to get the pricing details of each of these plans.
These are not the only Sendinblue alternatives you can try. I’ve got a whole list of email solutions that can help you easily create personalized experiences and engage customers.
Tips to Choose the Right Sendinblue Alternative for Your Business
Email marketing platforms like Sendinblue can make it easier for you to reach your customers and promote your products or services. But not all email marketing platforms are created equal. So how do you choose the right one for your business?
Here are some tips:
- Choose a platform that is easy to use. You don’t want to spend time learning how to use a complex platform when you could be spending that time on other aspects of your business.
- Make sure the platform offers a good range of features. You should be able to create beautiful emails, automate your email marketing, and track the results of your campaigns.
- Check out the customer support options. If something goes wrong, you want to be able to get help from the platform’s customer support team.
- Think about your budget. You don’t want to overspend on your email marketing, but you also don’t want to choose a platform that is too cheap and doesn’t offer the features you need.
- Take the time to compare different email marketing platforms before making a decision. Choose the one that is best for your business and your customers.
1. What is email marketing software?
Email marketing software is a program that allows businesses to send bulk emails to their customers. It includes a variety of features that make it easier to engage users and track statistics such as open rates and click-through rates.
Email marketing platforms usually have a monthly or yearly subscription fee. The price varies depending on the features and number of emails you plan on sending each month. It also varies according to the number of contacts you have.
For example, Constant Contact charges $9.99/month for up to 500 contacts but they charge $335 for 50,000 contacts.
2. Why is it important to leverage an email marketing tool?
It’s likely your competition is using email regularly, not just as a medium of customer communication, but also to push special offers and promotions.
Leveraging email marketing tools has never been more important because:
- Using an email marketing solution is a great way to stay in touch with your customers and promote your products or services.
- The price is affordable for most platforms.
- The top email marketing tools offer a wide range of features such as a drag-and-drop editor, unlimited contacts, customer segmentation, drip campaigns, advanced analytics, and more.
- Most platforms offer tracking statistics so you can see how well your email marketing campaigns are performing.
- You can integrate your email marketing tool with other marketing tools and CRM solutions to create a comprehensive marketing strategy.
However, you need to pick an email marketing solution that fits your budget, business needs and the type of email marketing campaigns you want to run for your business.
Some popular options have been included in this list of Sendinblue alternatives, including Constant Contact, AWeber, Drip, and HubSpot’s email marketing tool.
3. What types of email marketing campaigns can you run?
Businesses often run the following types of email marketing campaigns:
- Welcome emails for new subscribers and customers
- Newsletter emails for new updates about the company, products/services, upcoming sales, etc.
- Promotional emails to promote products and/or services
- Lead nurturing emails to engage website visitors and other prospects
- Email invitations and surveys
- Transactional emails for ecommerce
- Milestone emails for birthday offers
4. Is Sendinblue any good?
Overall, Sendinblue is a good email marketing platform that offers top-class personalization, segmentation, and workflow-based automation. All of these make it perfect for small businesses. However, there are a few areas where improvement is needed.
First of all, Sendinblue’s pricing is based on the number of emails you want to send instead of the number of contacts you have, which makes it expensive for those who need to send bulk emails.
For example, if you want to send 100K emails/month, you’ll need to pay $65/month for the Lite plan (which includes A/B testing and user statistics) and $124/month for the Premium plan (which includes important features like marketing automation, multi-user access, landing pages, and Facebook Ads).
Secondly, the user interface can be improved, as it can be confusing and difficult to navigate at times. Finally, additional integrations with other platforms would be beneficial.
Constant Contact and AWeber are cheaper alternatives to Sendinblue and provide better value for money.
5. What is the best alternative to Sendinblue?
Constant Contact is the best alternative to Sendinblue if you are looking for a cheaper alternative that lets you send unlimited emails to your contacts. It also provides advanced automation and personalization features at rates lower than Sendinblue.
You’ll also get access to additional list growth tools and auto-generated user segments based on their engagement levels with Constant Contact’s Plus plan (starting at $45/month).
Which Sendinblue Alternative is Best?
Sendinblue is good at offering a high-value email marketing solution. But if you’re looking for something more in your email marketing software, there are many useful tools to provide you with the features or experience you’re looking for.
I recommend using Constant Contact, HubSpot’s email marketing tool, AWeber, Drip, and SendPulse for various reasons (check each platform’s details above).
If you’re struggling to generate a high ROI from your email marketing campaign, feel free to connect with me anytime. I’ll help you create an effective email marketing strategy to boost your email engagement, leads, and sales.
Meanwhile, let me know which Sendinblue alternative you would like to try first and why. If you vouch for another platform, do share your thoughts below.